Thursday, April 30, 2015

Powerful!

Do you ever feel weak and whimpy? Do you ever say or think "I don't know if I can do this anymore?" Do you ever feel like giving up? I can't say for sure, but I'll bet there's a strong possibility that I am not the only one who's ever been there.

When I feel that way, I have learned that my situation and what I am experiencing is, first of all, only temporary. I don't care how serious it is. It doesn't matter what professional reports have to say. I am very serious when I say "It IS only temporary". Listen up!!!! I must remember that God is far bigger and stronger and mightier (Zephaniah 3:17) than my feelings of weakness or actual physical weakness. He wants to show Himself strong on my behalf no matter what the situation is. (2 Chronicles 16:9).

I look at examples of how people in the Bible handled these issues. What did David do when he was feeling this way? Psalm 59:16 tells us that David's attitude was "As for me, I will sing about your strength; I will praise your loyal love in the morning. For you are my refuge and my place of shelter when I face trouble." David had many opportunities to feel weak and whimpy or think naturally to say something like "There is NO way I am going to make it". Well here's the scoop . . . We are at times "whimpy" and on our own there may well be NO Way We can make it! But the good news is, if we are children of the Most High God, that we are not alone! God is our help in time of need! Hebrews 4:16 says: "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need." The kicker is: We must come boldly to God. Ask for his mercy and grace and He is ready to hear and to help. "The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him." Psalm 28:7.

What did the woman with the issue of blood do? Let's look and see her situation and how she handled it. Mark 5:25-29 "Now a woman was there who had been suffering from a hemorrhage for twelve years. She had endured a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all that she had. Yet, instead of getting better, she grew worse. When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, for she kept saying, 'If only I touch his clothes, I will be healed.' At once the bleeding stopped, and she felt in her body that she was healed of her disease." "God is not a respecter of persons." Acts 10:34 If that happened to her, it will happen to us today as well. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever! Hebrews 13:8. I would say that the woman with the issue of blood came Boldly to Jesus! Will you come boldly too?

I used to be very stubborn, like a 2 year old, "I can do it by myself", is the attitude I had a lot of the time. Then I'd get to the bottom of my barrel and I was too weary - at the end of myself. When I finally asked God to help me - things started to get better. I have learned after much of my own stubborn failures, that I don't need to try and try and fail on my own. I don't need to wear myself out trying to succeed. I don't need to let myself get to the point of "whimpy" before I ask for help.

However, sometimes my "whimpyness" doesn't come from my stubbornness to ask for help right away. Like the woman with the issue of blood, sometimes, difficulties, well . . . they just come. Sometimes, life just happens and it is hard and on our own we don't have answers or solutions. But, I have learned that I don't need to "Go it alone!" God is ready to help me NOW and I don't need to wait and try hard on my own before I ask for help for whatever I am going through.

I encourage you today - "Ask God for Help NOW!" He is willing, He is able! Luke 1:37 says, "For nothing will be impossible with God." God tells us to come boldly to Him with our troubles and our imperfections and our own inability and find strength (ready help) in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16 again from the Amplified Bible says "Let us then fearlessly and confidently and boldly draw near to the throne of grace (the throne of God's unmerited favor to us sinners), that we may receive mercy (for our failures) and find grace to help in good time for every need (appropriate help and well-timed help, coming just when we need it).

Remember, there is Nothing too Difficult for God! Jeremiah 32:17 "Oh Lord God, you made the skies and the earth with your very great power. There is nothing too hard for you to do."   Additionally, Psalm 103:17 tells us, "But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him, and his righteousness to children's children." He loves us so much! He can and He will help you. You just need to ask and believe that he hears you and He will help you.  John 14:14 "If you ask anything in my name, I will do it." I'd say that is an awesome promise. Ask Boldly Today!
 

 Powerful!

No comments:

Post a Comment