Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Counsel for today

This morning I was reading Psalm Chapter 50 from several translations. Some very interesting things caught my attention.

Please read Psalm 50. I will only point out  the things that impacted me the most. I am certain as you ponder the words in these verses, you will see things that I will not be commenting on.

Verse 11“I know every bird of the mountains....

This reminds me of the song "His eye is on the sparrow". It is very reassuring that since He knows every bird of the mountain, how much more does He know what is going on with me and cares.

Psalm 33:18 - Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear him, on those who hope in his steadfast love,

1 Peter 3:12 - The eyes of the LORD watch over those who do right, and his ears are open to their prayers. But the LORD turns his face against those who do evil.”

2 Chronicles 16:9 - 
For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to give strong support to those whose heart is blameless toward him. You have done foolishly in this, for from now on you will have wars.”

Matthew 10:29-31 - 
What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows


Verse 14: Offer to God the sacrifice of thanksgiving and pay your vows to the Most High;


Thanksgiving is the sacrifice God desires. How much Thanks do we give God, particularly when things are not going the way we think they should be? Remember, it is a sacrifice!


1 Thessalonians 5:18 - Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.


Psalm 107:20-22 - He sent out his word and healed them, snatching them from the door of death. Let them praise the LORD for his great love and for the wonderful things he has done for them. Let them offer sacrifices of thanksgiving and sing joyfully about his glorious acts.


Philippians 4:6 - Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.


Psalm 69:30 - I will praise the name of God with a song; I will magnify him with thanksgiving.


So, Magnify the Lord today.....with Thanksgiving.


Verse 15: Call on Me in the day of trouble;

I will rescue you, and you shall honor and glorify Me.”


Some valuable instructions....Call on the Lord in the time of trouble!!!


Wonderful Promise....God Himself will rescue me!!!


Our response.....honor and glorify God!


Verse 16 - But, to the wicked God says:   What right have you to recite My statutes

Or to take My covenant on your lips?


Hmmmm, that verse tells me that the wicked have no right to God's Word or right to speak God's Covenant. But, I am not wicked. I am Righteous before God, as a gift from God. So, I have a right to speak God's Word and speak of the covenant I have with Him. Look at these translations:


Good News Translation
But God says to the wicked, "Why should you recite my commandments? Why should you talk about my covenant?

GOD'S WORD® Translation
But God says to wicked people, "How dare you quote my decrees and mouth my promises!


Notice the words: talk, speak, recite, quote, lips.....those words are not there by accident.


Hebrews 8:6 - But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.


So.....what is in my mouth???


Verse 17 -“For you hate instruction and discipline and cast My words behind you [discarding them].


How are we dealing with instruction, discipline from God? What are we doing about God's Word????


Proverbs 7:1- My son, keep my words And treasure my commandments within you [so they are readily available to guide you].


Job 23:12 - I have not departed from the commandment of His lips; I have treasured the words of His mouth More than my necessary food.


Proverbs 2:1-8My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding— indeed, if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds success in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.


Verse 23 - "He who offers a sacrifice of praise and thanksgiving honors Me;

And to him who orders his way rightly [who follows the way that I show him],

I shall show the salvation of God.”


Salvation definition: deliverance, rescue, salvation, safety, welfare  


Sounds wonderful to me!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment