Sunday, January 24, 2021

Who IS Your God - 3 ???!!!

 So, Who IS Your God and What are You going to about it?????

Three "D's:

#1 - D.

Deliverer

Psalm 144:2 - He is my steadfast love and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield and he in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me.

Deliverer Hebrew definition 'palat' - my deliverer: rescuer, cause to escape, bring into security, carry away safe.

Psalm 18:2 -The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer. My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my sa lvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 18:50 - Great deliverance giveth He to his king; and sheweth mercy to his anointed, to David, and to his seed for evermore.

Deliverer Hebrew definition 'yeshuah' - something saved, i.e. (abstractly) deliverance; hence, aid, victory, prosperity -- deliverance, health, help(-ing), salvation, save, saving (health), welfare. 

2 Corinthians 1:10 - He delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will deliver us again

Notice: God Delivers us Past, Present and Future

Deliver Greek definition -  rescue, deliver (from danger or destruction. Lord deliver me out of my (personal) pains and bring me to You and for You." Nhýomai ("rescue") implies removing someone in the midst (presence) of danger or oppression, i.e. delivered "right out of" and to (for) the rescuer.]

#3 - D.

Defender

Isaiah 51:22 - This is what the Sovereign LORD, your God and Defender, says: “See, I have taken the terrible cup from your hands. You will drink no more of my fury.

Defender definition: pleads the cause, contend for, strive for, fight for.

Psalm 35:1 - Plead my cause, (defend) O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me.

Hebrews 7:25 - Therefore He is able also to save forever (completely, perfectly, for eternity) those who come to God through Him, since He always lives to intercede and intervene on their behalf [with God].although intercede and defend are not the same word, it seems the idea of the meaning is alike.

Ponder the depth of meaning regarding "God is our Deliverer."  This is Who He IS - Our Deliverer. Rescuing us out from danger to and for Himself.

Ponder on the truth that He pleads our case. He IS our Defender..

Ahhhhh, What an Awesome God we have!!!

# 3 - D.

He is our Almighty God, our Banner, our Cornerstone, Deliverer and our Defender?

So, What Will We DO about this?????

Declare!!!!

Psalm 96:3 - Declare His glory among the nations, His marvelous works and wonderful deeds among all the peoples.

1 Chronicles 16:24 - Tell every nation on earth, "The LORD is wonderful and does marvelous things!

Psalm 40:5 - O LORD my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them.

Deuteronomy 32:1-4 - “Listen, you heavens, and I will speak;

And let the earth hear the words of my mouth!

“May my teaching drip as the rain,

My speech trickle as the dew,

As droplets on the fresh grass,

And as the showers on the vegetation.

“For I proclaim the name of the LORD;

Ascribe greatness to our God!

“The Rock! His work is perfect,

For all His ways are just;

A God of faithfulness and without injustice,

Righteous and just is He.

1 Peter 2:9 - But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.


Let me present this question to you now.....

What are you Declaring or Proclaiming? 

Are you Declaring reports of the problems you face or of the Excellencies of our God?

Are you like David, as you boldly face Goliath (what opposes you and attempts to defy you and cause you to draw back in fear as the Israelite army did)? Read 1 Samuel 17.

Are you like the Israelites in the Wilderness who constantly magnified the troubles or like Joshua and Caleb who proclaimed WHAT God said and WHO God is?

REMEMBER this vital Truth....those who Proclaim the Truth  Those who stand firmly on the side of God, (Faith) regardless the circumstances..... They are the ones who experience the Power of God on their behalf.....the healing, the deliverance, the overwhelming Victory, !

That is a Bold statement, I know, but study the patterns and the words that were spoken by those in need throughout the Old and the New Testament. The pattern is obvious. The truth is clear.



No comments:

Post a Comment