Friday, March 5, 2021

"Who IS Your God???!!! -8

 I - I AM

The Name of God "I AM", to me, encompasses the fullness of Who our God Is from before the beginning, now and eternity to come. 

As I was studying I found these verses - which is just a start, I am writing my comments as I have them.

Therefore Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. The one following Me shall not walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life."

Isn't it interesting that God not only tells us "I am the light of the world" then specifies that the one following Him will have the light of life. I used to interpret that to say "the one who is born again will have the light of life". But, is being "Born Again" the meaning of 'Following' Him? Perhaps you think my thoughts are very elementary, even worthless, after all, who would think that? Well, I did, - subconsciously and automatically with no pondering or reflection happening on my part. Sadly, I also know there are many in the church who also have never really processed the way they think or act to see if they are really "Following" Him. They stop at I am a "Christian", I go to church and I do my best to serve and be good. That is NOT what I am presenting to you. My question is, "Are you FOLLOWING" The Way - God Himself???? 

Follow Definition: to side with His party. To be in the same way with. To follow, to cleave steadfastly to one, conform wholly to his example, in living and if need be in dying also:

Ok, so how much of what we do is doing what, when and where we want and how much is denying our will and pursuing to do things His way. Are we wholly conforming to Him? Who or what are we really conforming to????

Are we truly following Him? If not, we are missing experiencing the light of life and we remain in darkness, being deceived in our thinking. We believe that all is well, when it is actually not. Or if we know it is not well, then we find fault with God, instead of asking God to help us walk in the light. 
1 John 1:7.

  • I am the Door (John 10:9)
  • I am the Good Shepherd (John 10:11,14)
  • I am the Resurrection and the Life (John 11:25)
  • I am the Way and the Truth and the Life (John 14:6)
  • I am the Vine (John 15:1,5)

All of those verses have significant impact to me. The one that currently captures my attention the most the past few days is:

  • I am the Way and the Truth and the Life (John 14:6)
In the past, I would have associated that scripture to "I am the way to eternal life" and never gone beyond that. Now, however, those words Way, Truth and Life, mean far more to me. My God being "The Way" means to me: Yes, the way to Eternal Life, but also The Way - NOW - in my everyday life, every moment.

 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you [who are willing to learn] with My eye upon you. Psalm 32:8

He hath set me in a place of pasture. He hath brought me up (leads me), on the water of refreshment (still, restful, peaceful place of refreshment) Psalm 23:2. 

He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Psalm 23:4

And many peoples will come and say, “Come, let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, To the house of the God of Jacob; That He may teach us concerning His ways, And that we may walk in His paths.” For the law will go forth from Zion, And the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. Isaiah 2:3

Isn't that a main thing in the life of a Christian, to be taught His ways and walk in them???? I am very concerned that many in the church do not know The Way to go beyond being "Born Again". Many decisions are being made by "Christians" that are clearly not in accordance to The Way or the Truth or the Life who God is and how He teaches us in His Word.

“So why do you keep calling me ‘Lord, Lord!’ when you don’t do what I say? I will show you what it’s like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follows it. It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against that house, it stands firm because it is well built. But anyone who hears and doesn’t obey is like a person who builds a house right on the ground, without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will collapse into a heap of ruins.” Luke 6:46-49

But when He the, Spirit of truth, shall come, He will guide you into all the truth. John 16:13

And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”  John 8:32

For the commandment is a lamp, and the teaching [of the law] is light, And reproofs (rebukes) for discipline are the way of life, Proverbs 6:23

For whoever wishes to save his life [in this world] will [eventually] lose it [through death], but whoever loses his life [in this world] for My sake and the gospel’s will save it [from the consequences of sin and separation from God]. Mark 8:35

The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it in abundance [to the full, till it overflows]. John 10:10

 Reflect on Who Your God Is.....He is The Great I Am!

Now, reflect on your response to this Awesome God we say we serve and Love....

  • Am I Really Following Him in the Way? His way is the Right Way, the Wise Way, the Tested Way, the Proven Way. His Way is The High Way.
  • Am I pursuing to learn and follow the Truth, The Word of God. He Is The Truth that really does set us free when we Know the Truth.
  • Am I trying to hold on to my ways of doing and thinking. Or am I losing, gladly letting go of, my ways to conform and embrace true Life - God Himself. 
  • Am I enjoying the abundant life He came to give me? Isn't the fruit of Life (God Himself) Life???? If I am not enjoying abundant Life, I suggest that I am not partaking of the Great I Am, Life Himself as He intends.
  • One final thing that has been on my mind for many weeks.....if you find yourself constantly regretful and repenting regarding your thoughts, behaviors and situations in your life. Take a look at it from what we have just talked about.....Am I Following the Way? Am I pursuing to know the Truth actively/daily meditating on the Word by day AND by night? Am I experiencing Life Abundantly. If these 3 things are not prevalent. Repent verbally less and let your repentance be shown in your actions. Turn your behavior around and pursue our God Who IS the Way, The Truth and The Life!!!! Watch your Life Change!!!! 

Come fully into alignment with The Great I Am!!!!

This only scrapes the surface of Who IS Your God - The Great I Am. Keep pondering and embracing Your Almighty, Deliverer, Faithful, Good, Good God. He Is Your Healer. He is The Great I Am!!!!

This article was interesting to me: 

https://busyblessedwomen.com/the-great-i-am/









No comments:

Post a Comment