Thursday, September 17, 2020

Overwhelmed

 Are you ever bombarded by seemingly everything coming at you all at once from every direction. You have been praying, "God, Help me!" However, the attacks keep coming....getting worse, and then more and more and more..... until you feel as though you have come to the end of what you can handle and the fight in you is almost depleted.

That was me only a few days ago. After many weeks of battle and then more battle from every side, it seemed, I had nearly come to my end of what I thought I could stand against. Then, at the beginning of this week,  I Read Psalm 18. Below are verses 1-19. As you read what David wrote, imagine what he was imagining. Realize that David knew God intimately. He knew God's character, His nature, His power and His Love for him......and....... God knew David!!!!

Please read:

For the choir director: A psalm of David, the servant of the LORD. He sang this song to the LORD on the day the LORD rescued him from all his enemies and from Saul. He sang:

I love you, LORD; you are my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. I called on the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and he saved me from my enemies.

The ropes of death entangled me; floods of destruction swept over me. The grave wrapped its ropes around me; death laid a trap in my path. But in my distress I cried out to the LORD; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry to him reached his ears. 

Then the earth quaked and trembled. The foundations of the mountains shook; they quaked because of his anger. Smoke poured from his nostrils; fierce flames leaped from his mouth. Glowing coals blazed forth from him. He opened the heavens and came down; dark storm clouds were beneath his feet. Mounted on a mighty angelic being, he flew, soaring on the wings of the wind. He shrouded himself in darkness, veiling his approach with dark rain clouds. Thick clouds shielded the brightness around him  and rained down hail and burning coals. 

The LORD thundered from heaven; the voice of the Most High resounded amid the hail and burning coals. He shot his arrows and scattered his enemies; great bolts of lightning flashed, and they were confused. 

Then at your command, O LORD, at the blast of your breath, the bottom of the sea could be seen, and the foundations of the earth were laid bare.

He reached down from heaven and rescued me; he drew me out of deep waters. He rescued me from my powerful enemies, from those who hated me and were too strong for me. They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress, but the LORD supported me. He led me to a place of safety; he rescued me because he delights in me.

My first realization after reading David's words was, "God would bust up heaven and earth to get to David and rescue him, if He needed to...He Loved him that much!!!!" It was an awesome revelation to me.

As I pondered those words, I realized that my God never changes. He was that Powerful, that Determined, that Loving, that Faithful...... He had that much Authority.... He made the enemies flee then. The God that David served then is the very same God I serve today. If God would bust up heaven and earth to rescue David, He would bust up Heaven and Earth to rescue me, too!!!!!

Then I had another, even greater realization.....He already has!

He has Already conquered the devil. Jesus paid the price. He won the victory...Satan is already defeated. I am in Christ. He lives in me. Satan has been put under my feet because God has seated me with Christ in heavenly places!  Jesus won the victory. He says "

 “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20

Luke 9:1-2

One day Jesus called together his twelve disciples and gave them power and authority to cast out all demons and to heal all diseases. Then he sent them out to tell everyone about the Kingdom of God and to heal the sick.

Then listen to this:

And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.” Mark 16:17-18

Read John 14:12

“I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.

It is very clear that we have been given authority, in the name of Jesus, to do the same works Jesus did and even greater works. Well, what were the works that Jesus did? The gospels are repititiously full of "He healed all that were sick", "He cast out demons"....He healed blind eyes, made the lame to walk, restored lepers, set the captives free and proclaimed the truth..  preaching and teaching everywhere he went. 

So, I figured I would start with myself, since He put me in charge of exercising that authority over all the works of the enemy in Jesus name. Not because of anything I have done. But by the authority vested in me, by the authority and command of Jesus Christ Himself. So, I took that authority and responsibility Jesus gave me and put it to work in the Name of Jesus. I did as Jesus did and spoke the my body to be healed and to the efforts of the devil to steal, kill and destrit us andand I am back up on top. My God is my Healer, My Provider, My Deliverer, My Restorer. He he has already won the Victory. He has given me that victory. I declare my freedom, in Jesus name for whom the Son set free is free indeed!!! I am free from every effort of the devil. I speak the truth. The devil will flee from me as in terror. Yes! The Righteous Are Bold as a Lion!

Read, study and meditate on the following scriptures:

Psalm 18:1-18; Romans 5:5: 1 John 4:16: 1 Thessalonians 1:4; John 3:16; James 1:17; Numbers 23:19; Psalm 24:8; Psalm 93:4; Hebrews 6:17;  Deuteronomy 7:9; 1 Corinthians 10:13;  Luke 10:17-19; Matthew 28:18-19; 1 Corinthians 7:23; Colossians 1:14; Galatians 3-13-14; Daniel 7:1-28 (If you ponder these verses you will realize that this vision has to do with what Jesus conquered and the here and now, not the future); Colossians 2:15; Acts 8:7; 1 John 4:4; Acts 17:28; Galatians 2:20; Like 8:1-2; Matthew 10:1; Colossians 1:27; 2 Corinthians 13:15; Matthew 10:6-8; Proverbs 28:1.


No comments:

Post a Comment