Monday, November 23, 2020

Pay Attention!!!!

 Yesterday I heard from the pulpit a statement that made me frustrated, actually angry. I must address it. I cannot be silent.

This is the statement and I quote, "How does it look for somebody who just really trusts God and now they have a diagnosis with cancer and they don't know if they're going to make it."

Many would respond to that statement and my frustration with a comeback like, "What's wrong with that?"

Here's what is wrong with that statement and you may quote me, "If you really trust God and you get a diagnosis of cancer or any other negative report, your response, IF you Really trust God, will Never, EVER be to wonder IF you are going to make it."

How can you say that???? You say, "I know many, many people who were Christians, loved God  and died of cancer. Yes, and so do I. Why???? 

Many, many people will instantly get on my case and accuse me of putting them under condemnation and accusing them of not having enough faith. Of judging them and being too radical. Go ahead with your arguments and justification for your reasoning. But, at least give me your ear to present my case.

True trust in God does not have an end or a limit of how far it will go.  Trusting God continues and fights all the harder in the face of a diagnosis of cancer or any other negative report. There is nothing greater or more powerful than our God. Nothing is too difficult for Him. Nothing is impossible with God.

"But", many argue, "Maybe God wants to Teach me something through this. Perhaps this is His will for me. God needs another angel....Those arguments are evidence of man's lack of knowledge concerning spiritual things. You give me the scriptures to prove any of those ideas. In the meantime, let me give you God's point of view.

Psalm 34:4-7 - I prayed to the LORD, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears. Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy; no shadow of shame will darken their faces. In my desperation I prayed, and the LORD listened; he saved me from all my troubles. For the angel of the LORD is a guard; he surrounds and defends all who fear him.

Exodus 15:26 -  I am the LORD that heals you.

Malachi 3:6 - For I am the LORD, I change not

Jehovah Rapha - The Lord who Heals. 

Jehovah "The Existing One" 

Rapha - 'To Restore" "To Heal"

Jehovah is the great physician who heals the physical and emotional needs of his people.

Isaiah 53:5 - But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

 Peace = well, favor, friend, great, good health, perfect,

shalom, safe, i.e. (figuratively) well, happy, friendly; also (abstractly) welfare, i.e. Health, prosperity, peace -- X do, familiar, X fare, favour, + friend, X great, (good) health, (X perfect, such as be at) peace(-able, -ably), prosper(-ity, -ous), rest, safe(-ty), salute, welfare, (X all is, be) well, X wholly.

We are healed =  cure, cause to heal, physician, repair, thoroughly, make whole

Or raphah {raw-faw'}; a primitive root; properly, to mend (by stitching), i.e. (figuratively) to cure -- cure, (cause to) heal, physician, repair, X thoroughly, make whole. See raphah

Matthew 8:16-17 - This was to fulfill what was declared by the prophet Isaiah when he said, "It was he who took our illnesses away and removed our diseases."

1 Peter 2:24 - He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.

Answer me this - how is it that we have no problem believing the first part of Isaiah 53:5

"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities" 

and the first part of 1 Peter 2:24 

 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness..

Yet when it comes to the second parts of each verse we believe lies and make up our own doctrines in attempt to comfort ourselves and attempt to explain what we don't understand?

Tell me this ....do you understand how it can be that Jesus paid the price by the shedding of his blood to forgive and cleanse us from our sins. If you were honest, you would answer, "No, I don't understand, I just believe it by faith."

So, why is it any different for the second part. "By his wounds you have been healed."

We make it difficult because we do the very same thing today as the people from Jesus' own hometown where Jesus could do no mighty work because they would not believe. Mark 6:2-5. They couldn't get past what they had seen and knew naturally. He was just a carpenters son, i.e.,the reports show I have cancer. They were not in a position to receive because the would not believe.

 If you had eyes to see, you would see beyond the natural into the Word of God (spiritual) Jeremiah 5:21 and value God's Word more true and powerful than ANY other report to the contrary. You would continue to "Really Trust" God in spite of all other reports and things you visually and physically see and experience. 

Your response identifies whether you are carnal or spiritual  Romans 8:6. Your response to difficulty shows your soil quality. Mark 4:4-9; Matthew 13:3-9

If you are Truly Trusting God, You will fight to stand with God, 1 Timothy 6:12. You will not cave in, not knowing if you will live or die. Hebrews 10:38; Luke 18:1. You will KNOW the Truth and the Truth that you know will make you free!!! You will fight to not let go of The Truth that sets you Free. Joshua 23:8-13, this is extremely applicable to what we are talking about. John 8:31-32. You will KNOW Your God is still the Lord that heals you. You will know He cannot lie. Therefore, it has to be, that the situation must change. I am the Healed for Jesus really did bear my sicknesses and He really did carry my diseases and it IS really true that By His stripes I am healed. This is the faith (the Truly Trusting God), that changes my situation. Then I continue to cast down every thought and argument that opposes the Word of God and make my thoughts come into agreement with what God says. 2 Corinthians 10:5. 

Regardless of how things look naturally. Regardless of how it feels. Regardless of any reports to the contrary. You hold fast to God's Report. His report is true and He is Faithful. He will fulfill His Word to us. Our job, "Only believe" John 7:50; Mark 5:36.

Your Faith (confidence in God, Truly Trusting God) will prove itself to be the Substance that is needed to bring the supernatural into your natural, Hebrews 11:1 thus changing your natural circumstances. You will KNOW beyond a shadow of doubt that you will live and not die. Psalm 117:18

You will KNOW that your situation will change and you will be green and full of sap, full of vitality and fruitful in your old age Psalm 92:14. You will be confident that you will live a long and satisfied life. Psalm 91:16. You will know that the troubles you currently face are Only Temporary. Why? Because your Bible tells you so! He sent His Word and delivered me from all of my troubles. Psalm 107:20.

Warning, Warning! Warning! Pay Attention to the Word of God. Be on guard against things that are taught that sound good, but are actually not in agreement with Who God is and What His Word says. Do not be destroyed because you lack knowledge of the Truth or are not diligent to search the scriptures to be sure what you are being taught/believing us the Truth not doctrines if man, opinion or experiences that do not agree with God.

Ponder these verses...

2 Peter 2:1

1 Timothy 4:16

John 10:10

Read the Gospels and see how Jesus went about teaching, preaching and healing the sick. Remember, He only said what He heard His Father say and He only did what He saw His Father do. Remember, He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Hebrews 13:7  He never changes. What He did for me He will do for you!!!!

Acts 17:11

Psalm 103:2-5

James 1:2-8

Psalm 54:7

Psalm Chapter 34

Psalm Chapter 18....ponder what lengths God would go through to rescue me, if He needed to

2 Timothy 3:11

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to read this more than once because my faith needs to grow. Your message reminds me of Genesis.. Did God really say He is your Healer? Satan wants us to doubt and to reject God's Word to us. He wants us to stick with what makes sense to our natural minds. I agree this is dangerous to elevate our thoughts above what God says. Lord, give us understanding to know the power you have made available to us, and to know what is ours in Christ!!!

    ReplyDelete