Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Remember.....

 Often, when we look at our situation, we see the troubles and the enemies that just don't give up. Questions and lies from the enemy begin to plague our minds and emotions, attempting to cause us to give up. We begin to feel discouraged and defeated - battle weary, like we just cannot go on any longer. David obviously felt that way, too.

Psalm 42:5-6

Why am I discouraged?

Why is my heart so sad?

How did David proceed when he was in that predicament?

Continue reading....

I will put my hope in God!

I will praise him again—my Savior and my God!

Now I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember you—

It seems like he is getting a grip on himself, saying, "Ok, now, you David.....did you forget??? YOU put your Hope in God!!!!

Get back out of your low place and Praise God now again. He is your Savior, your Rescuer, your Deliverer, your Help, and your God!!!! Yes, right now,  I am deeply discouraged, but I Choose to Remember my God!!!! I am going to Remember all that my God has done in the past.  I put my Hope in Him. I Praise Him. Yes, He IS my God!!!!!

Asaph apparently had similar issues. How did he handle it???

Psalm 77:7-15

Has the Lord rejected me forever?

Will he never again be kind to me?

Is his unfailing love gone forever?

Have his promises permanently failed?

Has God forgotten to be gracious?

Has he slammed the door on his compassion?

Interlude

And I said, “This is my fate; the Most High has turned his hand against me.” But then I recall all you have done, O LORD; I remember your wonderful deeds of long ago. They are constantly in my thoughts. I cannot stop thinking about your mighty works. O God, your ways are holy. Is there any god as mighty as you? You are the God of great wonders! You demonstrate your awesome power among the nations. By your strong arm, you redeemed your people, the descendants of Jacob and Joseph.

He continues on to remember to what God did at the Red Sea.....

In the midst of the enemy harassing God's people as they restored the walls, Nehemiah counseled and encouraged the people with these words:

Nehemiah 4:14

Then as I looked over the situation, I called together the nobles and the rest of the people and said to them, “Don’t be afraid of the enemy! Remember the Lord, who is great and glorious, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes!”

More.....

Deuteronomy 8:2; 18

Remember how the LORD your God led you through the wilderness for these forty years.......

Remember the LORD your God. He is the one who gives you power to be successful, in order to fulfill the covenant he confirmed to your ancestors with an oath.

Judges 8:33-34.  

As soon as Gideon died, the Israelites prostituted themselves by worshiping the images of Baal, making Baal-berith their god. They forgot the LORD their God, who had rescued them from all their enemies surrounding them. 

How quickly do God's people forget our God and turn our attention and dedication away from Him. We may not put a statue up and bow down to it, but how easily we direct our attention away from God to the things that are attacking us. How easy it is to be caught up in our discouragement. How quickly we can succumb to the lies of the enemy. We can quickly forget where our Hope is, who our God is and all He has done. We give our troubles our praise....  instead of Praising Him and Him alone! Remember what He has done in the past. He IS the same God yesterday, today and forever. Hebrews 13:8.  As He has done for others, He will do for me. He is no respecter of persons. Acts 10:34-35. Remember what God says and cast down all other reports. 2 Corinthians 10:5.

Hebrews 3:1

Therefore, holy brethren, sharers with others in a heavenly invitation, fix your thoughts (set your focus) on Jesus, the Apostle and High Priest whose followers we profess to be.





1 comment:

  1. There is temptation to 'praise our troubles', thank you for this message that shows us the way to go!

    ReplyDelete