Wednesday, October 14, 2020

"I Just Don't Know"

 "I Just Don't Know"

"I Just Don't Know!"

Have you ever said, "I just don't know?"

"There are so many things coming against me. I just don't know.....I don't know what to think, I don't know what to say, I don't know what to do. I Just Don't Know!!!"

This kind of thinking can promote self-pity. This  perspective can turn into depression. A feeling of hopelessness, despair and defeat. We can get angry, fearful, worried and anxious due to our focus on "I Just Don't Know!!!!"

Psalms tells us not to lean on our own understanding. That's not to helpful right now, since my own understanding simply does not understand! You see....I Just Don't understand!!! I Do Not Know! I feel like Dr. Seuss is launching again. It's time to move on.....

Contrary to common belief, "I Just Don't Know" is NOT a bad situation to be in.

What????? True, if you have the Most High God as your Saviour and your Lord AND you Believe what He tells us in His Word, it is actually not a terrible predicament to be in... To Not Know. 

Why!!! Because we know the Faithful and True God who DOES Know!!!

He holds us in the palm of His hand. His eyes are upon us. He cares for the sparrows, so certainly He will care for us. He never leaves us without help. He never leaves us without hope. He never leaves us alone. He never draws back from us. He never abandons us. He's for us and not against us. He knows all things. His plans for us are good and not for harm. He is a good, Good God. He is Faithful. He is True. He will not lie to us. He cannot lie. It is impossible for Him to lie. Every one of All of His Words are Yes and Amen!!!!

You see, God knows all things, from the beginning to the end. He instructs us in His Word, by His Spirit.

Jeremiah 33:3

Call to me and I will answer you, and will tell you great and hidden things that you have not known.

James 1:5 says:

If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and He will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking.

So, although we currently do not know and not knowing IS an uncomfortable place to be in, it is not a bad place! We are, actually, in a wonderful position if we look at it all from a different viewpoint. 

We can react to our situation in all the negative, non productive ways (for any good thing, anyway), which are the carnal, fleshy and immature ways of approaching our "not knowing".

Or, we can respond in faith toward God, which is what pleases God. We call on God for help and ask Him for wisdom. We find our peace by trusting that what God says is true. Now, instead of saying, "I just don't know!" We can confidently say, "I do not know yet, but I have called on God and I have asked Him for wisdom. He will answer me. God knows and He will show me what I need to know.  Just call on God for help and put your confidence in Him. Remind yourself everytime the anxious thought,  "I Just Don't Know", begins to attack your mind. Say instead, "I know the God who does know. He is my faithful God and He will not leave me without help!" 

Recently, I received a letter from my foster daughter who, in her insecurity and anxiousness had convinced herself that since I hadn't sent her a letter in 2 months time, that I had written her off and didn't care about her or love her any longer. She has chosen to believe that my quietness meant that I no longer wanted to be a part of her life. The devil and her family history were the culprits in her choosing that particular decision. The truth was that I had been very ill and had trouble even thinking at times. Bad headaches and fatigue were causing me to be fairly non productive as a whole. She did not see what was really going on in my life. So, she actually believed a lie. Similarly, we often assume that since we don't see God at work, that He must not care, He is not listening or "until I get (this) fixed, He won't help me". We Must be convinced that His love is not based on our works. He loved us while we were yet sinners!!! Just because we cannot see what God is bringing to pass, doesn't mean that He is not up to something! He guarantees that He fulfills His Words with signs following. We will do our part....call on Him, ask for wisdom and then trust Him, His character and His Word to do what He says He will do. All the while, putting our faith in Him.

"I Just Don't Know!" Is not a bad place to be when you turn your attention on to the One who Does know and ask Him for help. Then trust Him that He heard you and that He is answering. Rest now in confidence because God is for you and not against you.  He Loves you with a Love that never fails. He is bringing the answer and the wisdom you need, in spite of how it all appears.



1 comment:

  1. 'I just dont know' is an anxious thought that frequently runs through my mind, and therefore sometimes comes out of my mouth. Your message shows how to take this thought captive and make it obedient to Christ.

    ReplyDelete