Thursday, April 2, 2020

FREEDOM!!!


One of the saddest things I have ever heard was from a lady when she said, " I don't really spend time with God, I am doing pretty well on my own."

I used to not spend time really learning from God, either. Truthfully, I never understood the importance of learning God's Word and doing things His way. I didn't realize that I needed to change or that it was possible for me to change. My understanding was that God would take care of everything. Anyway, I really didn't understand what I read, when I did try to read. I couldn't even say that I was doing "pretty well on my own", because, truthfully, I was doing a terrible job on my own.

When I finally decided I needed help, I began to pursue God for answers and for His help. I was now willing to be taught and learn. (Note: at this time I was already a Christian, but only born again, with little knowledge of God or His ways and certainly I was not a disciple of God). I began to not only understand what I read, but I had the desire to change my ways and do things God's way.

When I humbled myself and asked God to help me do what I was learning, regardless of the issue.... controlling my tongue, or taking my totally uncontrolled thoughts captive and making them obey God or submitting to my husband, or humbling myself, or daring to trust God, or following the pattern of the behavior of the Proverbs 31 woman or stopping gossip and slander.... whatever it was that I knew God was getting my attention on and teaching me about and I saw I needed to change, I would ask God to help me with a true desire to change. Even though I had no idea how I could possibly do what I needed to do, suddenly, the changing was not near as difficult as I anticipated. That had to be the Grace of God.

As I learned and yielded and obeyed, my life got better and better. I became peaceful and calm even in the midst of what would have previously made me panic and be filled with fear and anxiety. I became healthier, and my marriage improved greatly.

I believe that regardless how well or how badly we are doing apart from God's wisdom/instruction, that by learning and following God's ways, we will certainly do better. He is the All Wise God. We must learn His ways and follow them. 

This is about not being under the law, this is about loving God. This is about being wise. This is about loving yourself so you can love others better. This is about finding true success. This is about experiencing life and healing to your entire body. This is about Freedom.

Proverbs 19:8
He who acquires wisdom loves himself; one who safeguards understanding will find success.

Proverbs 16:20
Whoever heeds instruction will find success, and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.

Proverbs 4:20-22
My child, pay attention to what I say.
Listen carefully to my words. Don’t lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body.

James 1:22
But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.

Matthew 4:14, 20
The sower sows the Word....But those that were sown on the good soil are the ones who hear the word and accept it and bear fruit, thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold.”

Matthew 28:20
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

John 13:17
If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

Matthew 7:24
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: But those that were sown on the good soil are the ones who hear the word and accept it and bear fruit, thirtyfold and sixtyfold and a hundredfold.”Whoever claims to abide in Him must walk as Jesus walked.

Luke 6:46-48
And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say? …

Matthew 11:29
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Learn= gain knowledge; to hear, be informed: to learn by use and practice; to be in the habit of, accustomed to:

John 14:15
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

I think the point is clear. We must learn from God and do what He says.....this is what being a disciple is about. It is not Law, truly it is Life and Freedom.

John 8:31-32
Jesus therefore said to those of the Jews who had now believed in Him, "As for you, if you hold fast to my teaching, then you are truly my disciples; and you shall know the Truth, and the Truth will make you free."

1 comment: