Thursday, May 28, 2020

Cheer up Buttercup!

I used to think I would be Happy....if he would do this, if he wouldn't do that! I used to think I would be happy if I got married. I used to think I would be happy if I had a child. I used to think I would be happy if I had more money, if we could go on vacation, if we could get a new car, if we had a bigger house, if I have a smaller house. I used to think I would be happy ...... but in all those things I never found happiness.

I have heard those type of comments made by other people, too. I have learned that if we are not happy from within first, that nothing from without will make us truly happy either.

Now I am happy if he does or if he does not. I am happy I am married. I am happy with my son. I am happy with grandkids, too. That is truly Blessed! I am happy on vacation. I am happy when I am not. I am happy in my car, or in a smelly pickup truck!😖 I am happy in a big house, I am happy in a small house. I am happy with what I have got and happy inspite of what is not. I am happy here or there. I am happy anywhere. Ok.....not funny Dr Suess!

Seriously, though really, I have actually been rather surprised at myself that I have been happy, even joyful for no particular reason even in the midst of the craziness of the world around me and all of the issues. I am Happy.
 
How? WHY?

I found these scriptures this morning that answered those questions. These are not just words.  What David says is truly the reason for my happiness. I am free from the trying to be happy and wishing that I was happy to truly being happy and here is the reason why...

Psalm 119:1-3
Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the LORD.
Joyful are those who obey his laws and search for him with all their hearts.They do not compromise with evil, and they walk only in His ways.

Psalm 119:35
Direct me in the path of your commands, for that is where my happiness is found.

Psalm 112:1
Praise the LORD! How joyful are those who fear the LORD and delight in obeying his commands.

That is it! Obey God and you will find happiness from within regardless what is without. Seriously, God's Word is True!



No comments:

Post a Comment