Wednesday, May 6, 2020

What is Missing?

It is easy to read and learn, not always as easy to put into practice the instructions we are given. However, without the proper response to what we learn, there is no reaping of the promise.

2 Timothy 2:15
Study (show full diligence, fully apply yourself, make every effort) to show yourself approved to God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Joshua 1:8
Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will BE SURE TO OBEY everything written in it. Only Then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.

James 1:22
But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must DO what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.

NLT
Do not deceive yourselves by just listening to his word; instead, put it into practice.

Delude = to miscalculate, to reason falsely
Usage: I deceive, beguile, reason falsely, mislead.

HELPS Word-studies

3884 paralogízomai (from 3844 /pará, "contrary when compared side-by-side" and 3049 /logízomai, "to reason") – properly, to reason contrary to truth, in a misleading (erroneous) way.
3884 /paralogízomai ("deceive close-beside") operates by distorted reasoning – using what seems "plausible" but later lets the person down ("disappoints").

Jeremiah 11:6
Then the LORD said to me, "Proclaim all these words in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem, saying, 'Hear the words of this covenant and carry them out.

Matthew 7:24
Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and ACTS on them is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

LUKE 6:46-49
“So why do you keep calling me ‘Lord, Lord!’ when you don’t DO what I say? I will show you what it’s like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then FOLLOWS it. It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against that house, it stands firm because it is well built. But anyone who hears and doesn’t obey is like a person who builds a house right on the ground, without a foundation. When the floods sweep down against that house, it will collapse into a heap of ruins.”

Comment:

Look at these Word in the scripture above:

I will show you what it’s like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then FOLLOWS it.

1. Someone comes to me = be born again.
2. Listens to my teaching. Studies, hears, is taught and learns from the Word of God.
3. And THEN Follows, obeys, acts on, is a DOER of what He learns.

The person who does all 3 of those things  are the ones who are well built, sturdy, strong and will stand firm without crumbling, in the storms of life. What is missing in your life of those 3 requirements????

Romans 2:13
For it is not the hearers of the Law who are righteous before God, but it is the doers of the Law who will be declared righteous.

James 2:14
What good is it, my brothers, if someone claims to have faith, but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?

James 1:25
But the one having looked intently into the perfect law, that of freedom, and having continued in it, not having been a forgetful hearer but a DOER of the work—this one will be blessed in his work.

James 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

Matthew 7:21-25
Not everyone saying to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, but the one doing the will of My Father in the heavens. Many will say to Me in that the day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare unto them, ‘I never knew you; depart you from Me, those working lawlessness.’

Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock. And the rain came down, and the torrents came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house; and it did not fall, for its foundation had been lain upon the rock

Matthew 12:50
For whosoever shall DO the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
deceiving.

I believe the scriptures above speak loudly and clearly enough......Learn God's Word AND Be a DOER of the Word you learn.

Study God's Word because without  knowledge of God's Word, God's people are destroyed. Hoses 4:6.

John 8:32
Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to (continue in, abide in)  my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Listen to these words from 2 different commentaries:

His word was the expression of the eternal truth of God, and He therefore was the one great Teacher. Every other must sit as a disciple at His feet, and continue in daily learning and in daily living to grasp the truth which, in that word and that word only, was revealed to man.

And ye shall come fully to know the truth; i.e. to realize in the very depths of your being the trustworthy character of my word. "The Truth" (see John 14:6) is one of the distinguishing names which Jesus takes to himself. He is the Truth, and "full of grace and truth."

Without continuing in (learning it, living in it, remaining in it, being a doer of) the Word of God, you are not truly His disciples. You really don't know His Word. Without knowing His Truth, you won't be set free. It is in the learning and continuing in (doing) of the Word of God that you show yourself to be His disciples. It is the Truth that you KNOW that sets you free.

Be diligent to study and learn God's Word. Obey His Word. Be a Doer of His Word or you are just fooling yourself.

If you wonder why your life is not going well. The answers lie in the learning of and being a DOER of what you learn in His Word.

It took me a long time to really understand that becoming a Child of God was only being born into His family. His Kingdom is where I am now, as a born again child of God, a citizen. He has translated me out of the kingdom of darkness and now I am in the Kingdom of his Dear Son. However, that is only the beginning. Somehow, I had thought that now that I am a Christian, God will take care of everything and my problems will be gone.

After years of "Christian" misery, I found out that my way of thinking was not the whole truth. I found out that God instructs me to learn His ways. Be transformed by the renewal of my mind. To think and apply myself to live according to His counsel, His ways of operating in His Kingdom where He rules as King, not me. I needed to hear His Word and grow in my knowledge of who He is and what He says. Then my faith would grow and I would be able to believe and receive all that God promises as I walked in obedience to and confidence in the Word I had learned.

 The abundant life that Jesus came to give us does not come by osmosis. It comes by hearing, studying, learning, doing and agreeing with God's Word. It comes by effort, diligence and persistence to be a DOER of His counsel. It comes by absolute trust and confidence that What God says is Truth and it IS the way He says it is. No Matter What!!! That is faith. Believing in God. Believing in His Word. If you truly believe what God says is True, then corresponding actions will be evident. If you are not being a DOER of the Word, you are not yet convinced that What God says is really True!!!!

If you are not yet being A DOER of God's instructions, His Word, then you are Missing a necessary step of being a true disciple. You are deceiving yourself. You are missing out on receiving the life that Jesus came to give you.

Psalm 1:2-3
International Standard Version
But he delights (takes pleasure) in the LORD’s instruction, (direction) and meditates in his instruction day and night.
He will be like a tree planted by streams of water, yielding its fruit in its season,
and whose leaf does not wither.
He will prosper in everything he does.

NET Version
Instead he finds pleasure in obeying the Lord’s commands; he meditates on his commands day and night. He is like a tree planted by flowing streams; it yields its fruit at the proper time, and its leaves never fall off. He succeeds in everything he attempts.

Proverbs 4:20-23
My child, pay attention to what I say.
Listen carefully to my words. Don’t lose sight of them. Let them penetrate deep into your heart, (follow the dictates of, attend to, give heed to) for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body.





No comments:

Post a Comment