Monday, June 15, 2020

More!

Ever since I was a kid, I always wanted more. More in a good way, not entirely in the childish, selfish way. Not more candy or more toys or more "things" What I really wanted, but could not explain, was the deep down desire of more in the way of life as a whole.

I wanted joy. I wanted real happiness, and I wanted peace. I wanted to be really loved. I wanted to know that I was safe and protected. I wanted to know someone was pleased with me and really believed in me. I wanted to know that somebody knew that there really was true value and a purpose for my life. I was never satisfied with less than what I knew was available. I really don't know if that is a common thread among people, but when I look back, I can see that it certainly was for me.....and still is.

I don't want to settle for less - even now.

I would look at how other parents lovingly treated their children and I longed for that. I would sense the peace in their home and I so desired that.

When I went to our small town church,  I would see hypocrisy, disrespect and lack of honor toward God. I longed for what I thought Christianity really should be, but I wasn't finding it in my experience. I would say, "there has to be more!!! I want more!!!"

After I was born again, I thought, "This is it, now my life will be perfect!" But, sadly, I found out that it didn't solve my need for "More" and I could see that it wasn't solving the need in other "Christian" people's lives either. I wanted more of God, but I didn't know how to get to that place.

For years, I attempted to get More in my life. I can't even say I wanted "More", because in certain significant parts of my life, I had None. More of nothing is still nothing. I wanted to experience the life that I knew must be possible. But How?

I was desperate for what I did not have. I wanted a real relationship with God. I really wanted to know Him. I longed for the Peace that passes understanding, joy unspeakable, and life and life more abundantly,  I wanted a real relationship with God. Seriously, I wanted to enjoy my everyday life, like Joyce Meyer talked about, I wanted a changed life entirely, but what I longed for seemed to evade me.

What was I missing? What was I not understanding? What did I need to do? Obviously, everything I did know and everything I had tried, was not getting me to that "More" place.

To say I accidentally happened upon the way to "More" would be incorrect. I believe, even if it seemed accidentaI, that it was not.  I had asked God to help me. He heard me and answered me and showed me the way to go. I had stopped expecting God would just take care of it and drop the "More" upon me in a miraculous way and all would solved. I stopped trying to figure it all out by my own effort. Seriously, I screamed out for "Help" to God. He heard me and He answered me.

The answer was found when I pursued this way of living....

Matthew 7:7
“Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.

Deuteronomy 4:28-31 
But from there you will seek the LORD your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul. When you are in tribulation, and all these things come upon you in the latter days, you will return to the LORD your God and obey his voice. For the LORD your God is a merciful God. He will not leave you or destroy you or forget the covenant with your fathers that he swore to them.

Jeremiah 29:13
If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.

1 Chronicles 16:11; Psalm 105:4
Search for the LORD and for his strength; continually seek him.

Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings is to search things out.

Proverbs 2:1-11
My child, listen to what I say,
and treasure my commands.
Tune your ears to wisdom,
and concentrate on understanding.
Cry out for insight,
and ask for understanding.
Search for them as you would for silver;
seek them like hidden treasures.
Then you will understand what it means to fear the LORD,
and you will gain knowledge of God.
For the LORD grants wisdom!
From his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest.
He is a shield to those who walk with integrity.
He guards the paths of the just
and protects those who are faithful to him.
Then you will understand what is right, just, and fair,
and you will find the right way to go.
For wisdom will enter your heart,
and knowledge will fill you with joy.
Wise choices will watch over you.
Understanding will keep you safe.


I guarantee that asking God for Help will begin to open the door of the "More" and Seeking, searching and pursuing God to know Him, to gain wisdom and understanding of His Word and insight into His ways will lead you to the "More" that you desire. Keep knocking and you will continue in the path to Life and Life more abundantly. Never weary in well-doing. You will reap if you faint not. Galatians 6:9.

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith, it is impossible to please Him. For it behooves the one drawing near to God to believe that He exists and that He becomes a rewarder to those earnestly seeking Him out.

If you want the "More" that God offers you, then Ask Him for Help, but Don't stop there. Seek Him with all of your heart. You will find Him as you continally and Earnestly search for Him in the Word of God. He will open the Scriptures up to you as you draw near to Him. As you find Him you will also find our More than Enough God.

2 Peter 1:5
May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord. By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.
In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises.




No comments:

Post a Comment