Wednesday, June 10, 2020

This Changed My Whole Life! Part 4

I didn't understand what was happening. Things were changing in my life that went far beyond will power. Now things are clearer, but at the time I didn't realize how very powerful the Word of God was. I was desperate. I had tried my own ways and failed miserably, I had tried to find help in many other ways, as well, to no avail. I was searching to find the answers to my problems. But I hadn't gone to God's Word for help, until I was absolutely miserable and at a dead end.  I didn't realize that God's Word was key to my rescue. I knew it was the Word of God. But I didn't know my help would really be found in His Word and that it contained the power, the life and the counsel that I needed.

I am forever grateful that Joyce Meyer gave me hope for a different life. She encouraged me, inspired me and pointed me to God's Word for help. Perhaps God directed me to her when I was finally ready to listen.

 I believe there are many people in the churches today that are in similar straits as I was in. Christians, but desperate for help. Filled with frustrations, downcast and seemingly without answers, having not yet understood the value, even the necessity of God's Word in their lives.

As I have said before, reading God's Word was a duty to me. I had not realized that it was wisdom and life to me and health to all my flesh, if I would take it seriously. If I would read to hear and plant God's Word down in my heart and follow the instructions.

I began giving God my attention, reading, studying and meditating on His Word. I desired to gain understanding regarding what God was saying. I wanted to become wise and I pursued to know God through His Word. It was important to me that I learned and applied His counsel. I didn't want misery any longer. I saw the possibility for a better life. I had hope for more. As I pursued to know and obey God's Word, every area of my life began to improve. I didn't understand how that was happening like it was. Today I am beginning to see what was really going on. I'd like to share with you 5 more things that changed my life.

First of all, I began to fully embrace these truths...God's Word is True. God's Word is The Truth. It is Impossible for God to lie. He simply cannot lie. Psalm 119:160; John 17:17. Titus 1:2; Hebrews 6:18; Numbers 23:19. Frequently, especially when what I read in the Bible kinked my brain and myself simply could not wrap itself around the truths I that I was learning. I would say, "It has to be so! My God cannot lie! It just has to be the way God says it is!" This was my response particularly when I would study about healing. God's Word clearly told me that by Jesus stripes I was healed. I Peter 2:24. I read, "He forgave all my iniquities and healed all my diseases". Psalm 103:2-4. Still again, I read: "God sent His Word and healed me and delivered my from all of my troubles". Psalm 107:20. I could see it clearly in God's Word that Jesus did what was needed to provide for my healing. Then I found out that God is no respecter of persons. What He did for one He will do for me, too and that He never changes. Acts 10:34; Roman's 2:11; James 1:17; Numbers 23:19. The more I studied the stronger God's case became. His Word told me over and over and over again that Jesus came not only to pay the price for my sins so I was forgiven. He came as well to bear my sicknesses and carry my diseases so that by His stripes I am healed. Just as I am forgiven, so am I healed. Already.....Yet, my body still said it was sick. Which report was I going to believe? The reality I was experiencing or the truth that sets me free? I would say, "It HAS to be the way God says it is because God's Word is the Truth! He cannot lie and I Will NOT call Him a liar!" I have several miraculous testimonies of healing in my body because God never fails to fulfill His promises to me, if I will only believe. Luke 1:45. I chose to stand with what God had to say! Believing that God's Word is True no matter how it looks or how it feels or what others say has healed my body and saved my life.

Secondly, God's Word is Alive and Powerful. Hebrews 4:12. Obviously, there was no doubt about that for me any longer.

Third, God's Word functions like a seed.

Luke 8:11
“This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is God’s word.

Mark  4:26-29

Jesus also said, “The Kingdom of God is like a farmer who scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, while he’s asleep or awake, the seed sprouts and grows, but he does not understand how it happens. The earth produces the crops on its own. First a leaf blade pushes through, then the heads of wheat are formed, and finally the grain ripens. And as soon as the grain is ready, the farmer comes and harvests it with a sickle, for the harvest time has come.”

So, I was sowing God's Word into my life. Even though I did not know what was happening, it was germinating and producing a crop of faith, freedom, health and life within me. We do not need to understand things to follow God's advice and reap benefits from it. His Word produces 30, 60 and even 100 times when planted into good soil. It's just the nature of God's Word.

Fourth, I recognized that spending time with God and His Word - learning from Him was the Necessary thing to do.

Luke 10:38-42

Now as they went on their way, Jesus entered a village. And a woman named Martha welcomed him into her house.
And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet and listened to his teaching. But Martha was distracted with much serving. And she went up to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Tell her then to help me.” But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and troubled about many things, but one thing is necessary.e Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her.”

It was normal for me to be busy going, doing jobs, running around distracted with much serving, going, doing, and more serving - thinking that I was doing what was necessary. I was very good at that way of living. Martha was also very good at it. Churches are very good at promoting the doing and serving thing, more and more program requiring more doing, serving and keeping people busy. It is obvious that things need to be done and serving is important, but Jesus says that Mary was the one doing the necessary thing....sitting at Jesus' feet and listening to His teaching. Oh, how we have strayed away from the necessary thing. We MUST keep the main thing the main thing. First and foremost....learning from Jesus.

Finally,
Jesus is the Word of God! How I treat the Word of God, is in reality, the way I am treating Jesus. John 1:1-2, 14. Enough said.


To sum it up....God's Word is True. However you may perceive it....It IS the Truth. We must chose continually whose report we will believe. If you are truly a disciple of Jesus you will learn from Him and follow His counsel. The results are freedom. God's Word is Alive and Powerful. It is like a seed. When it is planted in good soil of our hearts, it will grow and produce change in our lives. Learning the Word of God is necessary, not just a good idea. It IS Necessary. Finally, Jesus is the Word of God. How we treat God's Word is how we treat Jesus. These lessons that I have received into my life have changed my whole life. I pray you will receive them, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment