Friday, June 12, 2020

The High Way!

My ways vs.  God's Ways

God's Way is the Right Way.
Proverbs 25:9; Hosea 14:9

God's Way is the Good Way.
1 Samuel 12:23; Jer. 6:16

God's Way is the Tested Way.
Proverbs 18:30

God's Way is the Tried Way.
Proverbs 18:30

God's Way is the Proven Way.
Proverbs 18:30

God's Way is the Faithful Way.
Psalm 119:30

God'S Way is the Perfect Way.
2 Samuel 22:31: Psalm 18:30

God's Way is the Wise Way.
Romans 16:27

God's Way is the High Way!
Isaiah 55:9

Clearly, God's Ways are the best ways to go. His Ways have already been tested and proven that they are the Right ways to go. God's Ways are the Wise ways to live.

Sadly, many people still choose to go about their life according to their own smarts. They reap the rewards of their own ways, too. Speaking from experience, that way of living is NOT desirable.

Isaiah 55:8-9
“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.
For just as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so my ways are higher than your ways
and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

I have heard, throughout my life, many who stop at the end of verse 9 and make a statement that goes something like, "See, we will never understand God's Ways." To STOP at that point only results in a lethargic attitude on our part. It leaves us defeated without hope....why even try? It will be what it will be because I will never understand God's thoughts or His ways, they are too High for me.

That way of thinking is absolutely ridiculous!!!


Of course, God's thoughts are higher than our thoughts and His Ways are Higher than our Ways, but God doesn't want us to STOP there! 

There are so many scriptures in which God instructs us to: Come, learn of me (God), study, meditate, take your thoughts captive and make them think like God thinks. Don't lean on your own understanding, look at things from God's point of view. Teach, instruct, make disciples (learners and doers of God's thoughts and His ways).


In Revelations 3:8, God praised the church in Philadelphia saying, "you have only a little strength, yet you have kept My word and have not denied My name". 

David said in Psalm 119:11, "I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you". David was a man after God's own heart. 

For anyone to take the attitude that God's thoughts are higher than my thoughts and His Ways are higher than my ways and STOP there is uninformed and deceived.


Proverbs 18:15


New American Standard Bible
The mind of the prudent acquires knowledge, And the ear of the wise seeks knowledge

Contemporary English Version

Everyone with good sense wants to learn.

Good News Translation

Intelligent people are always eager and ready to learn.

Hosea 4:6
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge;


I think the point is clear.....we Must get to know God's thoughts and His Ways and even more than that....we must think the way He thinks and Do things according to His Ways. It is not impossible. Jesus did it and we are told to be Christlike!!! 1 John 2:6

Everyday we have so many decisions that we have to make. For each decision we have a choice as to how we will respond. It always boils down to which way will I choose, my way or God's Way. Let me make it easy.....Choose God's Way every time.

Read the following scriptures and meditate on them.

1. What are the benefits of following God's Ways?

2. What are the consequences of going our own way?

3. Compare the following verses to the characteristics of God's Way at the beginning of this post.

4. Ponder how your thoughts and your ways are becoming more and more like His.

Jeremiah 6:16

Thus says the Lord, stand in the ways and see, and ask for the old paths where the good way is and walk in it, and you shall find rest for your souls. But they said, “We will not walk in it.”


Psalm 81:10-16

“I, the LORD, am your God, Who brought you up from the land of Egypt. Open your mouth wide and I will fill it. “But My people did not listen to My voice, and Israel did not obey Me. “So I gave them over to the stubbornness of their heart, to walk in their own devices. “Oh that My people would listen to Me, that Israel would walk in My ways! “I would quickly subdue their enemies and turn My hand against their adversaries. “Those who hate the LORD would pretend obedience to Him and their time of punishment would be forever. “But I would feed you with the finest of the wheat,  and with honey from the rock I would satisfy you.”

Psalm 25:4-5 

Make me to know Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day.

Isaiah 30:21
Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” Whenever you turn to the right hand Or whenever you turn to the left.

Proverbs 4:11
I instruct you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths.

Proverbs 16:25
There is a way that appears to be right, but in the end it leads to death.

Jeremiah 10:23
I know, O LORD, that a man’s way is not his own; no one who walks directs his own steps.

Deuteronomy 5:33
You shall walk in all the way that the Lord your God has commanded you, that you may live, and that it may go well with you, and that you may live long in the land that you shall possess.

Proverbs 3:6
in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

Proverbs 16:1
The plans of the heart belong to man, but the reply of the tongue is from the LORD.

Proverbs 16:9
A man's heart plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.

Isaiah 26:7
The path of the righteous is level; You clear a straight path for the righteous.

Daniel 5:23
Instead, you have exalted yourself against the Lord of heaven. The vessels from His house were brought to you, and as you drank wine from them with your nobles, wives, and concubines, you praised gods of silver and gold, bronze and iron, wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or understand. But you have failed to glorify the God who holds in His hand your very breath and all your ways.

Psalm 17:5
Hold up my goings in thy paths, that my footsteps slip not.

Psalm 37:23
The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way.

Which Way will you choose??? God's Ways Really are the Right Ways, the Good Ways. They are the Tested, Tried and Proven Ways. His Ways are the Faithful Ways and the Perfect Ways. His Ways are the Wise Ways.

His Way IS The High Way!

2 comments:

  1. Amém!! God’s way is the path that leads to light and eternal life❤️. Thanks for your message🌸.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your post! God has not left us as orphans, to find the way to live by ourselves! He has given us all we need in His Word. He will certainly give us understanding as we ask and seek and keep at it! That's what I am counting on!!

    ReplyDelete