Tuesday, July 28, 2020

What about Hope?


Watch  "My Hope Is Built" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/EVE-xXFDOwgm

Hope definition: welcome and anticipate; confident expectation of what is sure (certain); hope.

Roman's 15:13
May God, the giver of hope, fill you with continual joy and peace because you trust in Him--so that you may have abundant hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

We often use the word "Hope" as a casual expression equal to "yep, that would be sweet", but there is no anticipation,  certainty nor confident expectation that what we say we 'Hope" for will actually happen.

When it comes to the Word of God, it is necessary that our approach is not either casual or lacking confident expectation. We must believe that what God says IS True and that He will see to it that what He says will come to pass.

Look again at Roman's 15:13:

Roman's 15:13
May God, the giver of hope, fill you with continual joy and peace because you trust in Him--so that you may have abundant hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.

#1 - God Himself is the Giver of Hope
#2 - He fills us with continual joy and peace
#3 - Why, How, When? 
        ▪︎Because you trust in Him
        ▪︎so that you may have abundant hope
        ▪︎through the power of the Holy Spirit

It looks like our responsibility is to Trust in Him. He gives us the Hope. He fills us with continual joy and peace BECAUSE you Trust in Him (as you believe, by means of your faith) through the power of the Holy Spirit.

Let's look at a few more scriptures regarding Hope...

Lamentations 3:21-26
21This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.
22It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23They are new every morning: great is your faithfulness.
24The LORD is my portion, says my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
25The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeks him.
26It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.

What are we recalling to our mind? 
     God's Mercies?
     His Compassion?
     His Faithfulness?
     He Himself is my Portion?
     HIs Goodness?

Will we hope and wait quietly without moaning, groaning, fussing and complaining about the issues at hand as the Israelites had done?Remember, they did not place their confident expectations, (Their Hope) in God and they did not receive the promises of God, either. They died in the Wilderness even though God had something far better in store for them.

Let's look at some things David had to say about his hope in God....

Psalm 71:5
O Lord, you alone are my hope. I’ve trusted you, O LORD, from childhood. 

Psalm 119:114
You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my source of hope.

Awesome confidence in the Lord being his protection!

David's source of Hope was God's Word. May it be that we would have that kind of expectation in the Word of God to be proven true in our lives.

Psalm 39:7
And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you.

Where is our hope placed?

Psalm 130:5
I am counting on the LORD; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word.

Psalm 119:81
I am worn out waiting for your rescue, but I have put my hope in your word.

David was always rescued by God. His soul would get worn out waiting for God to come through, but he continued to hope in the promises of God. Be encouraged today to continue to keep your expectation in God and in His Word. Remember to recall to your mind Who God is and What God says. Continue to Put your Hope in God and in His Word. Never, Never, Never give up. Remember His Word is True and He is Fauthful. He will fulfill His promises to you. Only Believe. Contine in the Hope He provides!!!

Titus 1:9
He must hold firmly to the faithful word as it was taught, so that he can encourage others by sound teaching and refute those who contradict it.

More references:
Psalm 119:116-117; Proverbs 10:24-25, 28; Psalm 62:5; Philippians 1:20;  Psalm 119:43; Psalm 119:147; Psalm 43:5; Psalm 42:11; 1 Timothy 5:5; Psalm 78:7.

No comments:

Post a Comment