Thursday, July 16, 2020

What did David do?

When I am under attack, I find great encouragement and counsel from David. David clearly understood what attack against himself was like. He came out of it all victoriously. He fulfilled God's plan for his life. I have been reading in Psalm chapters 55-57. What David wrote has helped me greatly. I want you to ponder these words with me today.

#1 Psalm 55:2-3
Listen to me and answer me;
I am restless and distraught in my complaint and distracted, because of the voice of the enemy, because of the pressure of the wicked; For they bring down trouble on me, and in anger they persecute me.

☆David prayed to God.

☆David was restless distraught and distracted because of his situation.

☆His enemy taunted him verbally and brought trouble on him and persecuted him.

#2 Psalm 55:5 
Fear and trembling have come upon me;
Horror has overwhelmed me.


☆This was no minor problem to David.

#3 Psalm 55 verses 6, 7 and 8. 

☆If there were a way to escape from it all, he would have.

#4 Psalm 55:16-17:
As for me, I shall call upon God,
And the Lord will save me.....and He will hear my voice.

☆David calls out to God with confidence that God will save (rescue, deliver...) him and that God hears his voice.

#5 Psalm 55:22 
Cast your burden on the Lord [release it] and He will sustain and uphold you;
He will never allow the righteous to be shaken (slip, fall, fail). 

☆Such great counsel and encouragement!
Cast your burden on the Lord....that is our job.  Look at all that God will do!!!!!



#6 Psalm 55:23
........ I will [boldly and unwaveringly] trust in You. 

☆That's the place I need to stay in......bold and unwavering Trust in my God!

#7 Psalm 56:3 When I am afraid,
I will put my trust and faith in You.

☆David was experiencing fear as the enemy chased him to destroy him. However, David made this choice: I WILL PUT my trust and faith in you, God.

#8 Psalm 56:4
In God, whose word I praise;
In God I have put my trust;
I shall not fear.
What can mere man do to me?

☆David praised God's WORD!
☆David reminded himself, "I have put my trust in God!"
☆David made the decision that in spite of the circumstances going on and the fear that he felt, "I Shall NOT fear!!!"

#9 Psalm 56:9
Then my enemies will turn back in the day when I call; This I know, that God is for me.

☆Interesting, when I call on my Lord....the enemies turn back! David was convinced saying, "This I KNOW, that God is for me."
10 



#10 Psalm 56:10
In God, whose word I praise,
In the Lordwhose word I praise,
11 

☆Again and again David praised the word of God, His Lord!

#11 Psalm 56:11
In God have I put my trust and confident reliance; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?

☆David reminds himself again....I HAVE put my trust and confidence in God!!! I Will NOT be afraid.

12 
#12  Psalm 56:12
Your vows are binding upon me, O God; I will give thank offerings to You.

☆David reminds Himself of His covenant with God.

☆Today, we have a better covenant than David had!
☆David gave Thank offerings to God...Before he experiences his rescue.

13 
#13 Psalm 56:13 
For You have rescued my soul from death, Yes and my feet from stumbling,
So that I may walk before God In the light of life.

☆David prophesied his outcome!

Read Psalm 57.....more of David's same responses to enemy pursuit..... Excellent counsel and encouragement. What an awesome God we serve. Call to Him. Praise Him in the midst of your trouble. Remain steadfast in your confidence in God. Choose not to give way to the fear that wants to rule you. Give Him thank offerings before you experience your rescue. God IS Faithful!!! He will not let His Righteous one fall. 

The devil will come after me, but he cannot persist or prevail. I have a covenant with God! The devil is defeated, he is under my feet. I will exercise my authority over him in the name of Jesus. As David did, I will praise the Word of my Lord. I wield the Sword of the Spirit with the words of my mouth - the Word of God!

 The devil comes after me one way. He flees from me seven ways!!! 

He attacks me when I am on the verge of what threatens him.

God is for me. Who can be against me? 

He has given me the overwhelming victory!!!!

Isaiah 41:10  ‘Do not fear [anything], for I am with you; Do not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, be assured I will help you; I will certainly take hold of you with My righteous right hand [a hand of justice, of power, of victory, of salvation].’

No comments:

Post a Comment