Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Jump start


Sometimes I feel pesky, but it is like I am impelled to share with you what is on my heart and mind. I figure, if I need it, I am most likely not the only one. My instructions are clear to me "Proclaim the Excellencies of my God!" There is no end to that!!!

Thessalonians 5:11
Therefore encourage one another, and let each one help to strengthen his friend, as in fact you do.

Today, still on my mind, is what I wrote on March 23rd which concluded that I was angry, irritated and frustrated because I had the:
               Wrong Focus
                    and the
            Wrong Response!

We learned that the right focus and the right response was to:

Philippians 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.

Psalm 106:1
Praise the LORD! Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!

1 Thessalonians 5:18
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

When I read these verses, I don't look at them simply as words to read, or only encouraging scriptures to read and walk away from. I see these scriptures as instructions from God. Following God's instructions brings great pleasure to Him. This shows our love for Him. This is what He tells me to do! These are instructions for how to have the "abundant life" that Jesus came to give me. They are not words of optional advice. Rather wise counsel. Something I need to "Do"!

I know, at times, the cares of the world creep in and choke out the Word of God. It helps if I get a "jump start" to get myself going right again.

So, tonight, I am giving us a "jump start".

We are going to follow these instructions today....Rejoice in the Lord! Praise the Lord for He is Good! Be Thankful in All circumstances.

These are not instructions that we follow if and when we feel like it! Not just when the circumstances are in our favor, but at all times! These are instructions that we follow because God is Worthy, Always! We do this because He instructs us to do so and He is Lord of my life, not me!

Besides all of that, I think there is something spiritually powerful that happens when we Praise the Lord. After all, how many times in a battle did God instruct the worshippers to go out first? Honestly, I do not know, but it would be a good study and I know it happened and I know God's people gained the overwhelming victory!!! Stop and think about that!

So, I ask that you would read and speak out loud what I write and Rejoice, Praise and Thank the Lord with me.

Lord, You are my strength and my song; You have given me victory. I say, "You are my God, and I will praise You!" Exodus 15:2.

You are worthy of my praise! Romans 9:5.

You ARE a Good, Good God Mark 10:18.

You are My God, the Great and Mighty and Awesome God, You keep Your covenant of unfailing love. Thank You! Nehemiah 9:32.

I am so very grateful that when I cried to you for help, you restored my health. Psalm 30:2.

I sought you, Lord, and you heard me; and you have delivered me from all my troubles. Psalm 34:4

Father, I have faced many troubles,
but you have come to my rescue each time. Thank You! Psalm 34:19

Thank you, Father that the angel of the LORD is my guard; he surrounds and defends me because I fear you. Psalm 34:7

In my time of distress I called to You and You heard me and You delivered me out of all of my troubles. Thank you!
Psalm 120:1

I Thank You, Father, that your favor surrounds me like a shield. Psalm 5:12

I have favor with You and I have favor with man. Proverbs 3:4

I am grateful that you never leave me without hope. Ephesians 4:4

I am never without help. Psalm 121:2

You always supply all of my needs. Psalm 34:10.

Dear God, You have always bestowed every blessing on us in abundance, so that we have richly enjoyed all sufficiency at all times, and so we have ample means for all good works. I am so, so Thankful!
2 Corinthians 9:8

You have always caused us to prosper in whatever we have put our hand to. Thank You.  Deuteronomy 30:8, Proverbs 10:4;22: Psalm 1:3; Proverbs 11:25; Proverbs 3:9-10

I am so very Thankful that you are not a man that you would lie! I can count on You! It is impossible for You to lie! Numbers 23:19; Titus 1:2; Hebrews 6:18

Your Word is true! Psalm 119:160; John 17:17

You are Faithful, You do what you say You will do. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!
1 Corintians 1:8; 2 Thessalonians 3:3; 2 Timothy 2:13

Father, so many times You have made a way when there seemed to be no way for us. Thank You! Isaiah 43:14-16

You are my deliverer. I worship You, LORD My God; it is You who delivers me from the hand of all my enemies." Thank You.
2 Kings 17:39

You are worthy of my praise. Psalm 18:3.

There is none like You, O LORD. You are Great, and Your name is mighty in power. Jeremiah 10:6

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me. I bless Your holy name! Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all of Your benefits, You forgive all my iniquity,
You heal all my diseases, You have redeemed my life from the pit. You've crowned me with steadfast love and mercy, You  satisfy me with good so that my youth is renewed like the eagle’s. Psalm 103:1-5.

I declare about You, LORD: You alone are my refuge, my place of safety;
You are my God, and I trust You. You will rescue me from every trap and protect me from deadly disease. Psalm 91:2-3.

There is No one like You, Lord. I Praise You. I am joyful in my union with you,  Lord. I am Rejoicing! Philippians 4:4

Thank you for choosing me to be your own. Galatians 1:15.

Thank you for loving me with Your everlasting love. Jeremiah 31:3

You certainly are Worthy of my praise. I am so Thankful for Who You are and all You do. Thank you for your Great Love that You lavish on me and for calling me your child!
1 John 3:1.

Are you fully powered with the right perspective and the right attitude now????

Sing Praise to the Lord!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment