Tuesday, March 10, 2020

The Rest of the Story

We read in 2 Peter 1:3
seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness

Wow! That's exciting! God has given us All things pertaining to life and godliness!


Wait, what is the REST of the story???  


...through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.


AhHA! The clincher! By God's divine power He has given to us the gift of All things that pertain to life and godliness.

Life: ("of the absolute fullness of life, present and future), I say Life and Life More Abundantly John 10:10.
Godliness: (someone's inner response to the things of God which shows itself in godly piety (reverence)..... I say Christ-likeness.

The Clincher is the how: Through the true knowledge of Him. There is a great difference between coming into a relationship with someone and having "true knowledge" of that person. Ask anyone who is married!


True Knowledge: "knowledge gained through first-hand relationship"– properly, "contact-knowledge" that is appropriate ("apt, fitting") to first-hand, experiential knowing.


A very sad thing that I went through and that I hear many Christian's saying is: "I didn't have time to spend with God today." or, "I haven't read my Bible for a long time or all week." Or the equivalent kind of comment that reveals the level of relationship we have with God and the level of "true knowledge" of God we really possess.


I struggled in my life terribly when those kind of comments were my reality. I did not understand why spending time with God, learning and studying His Word and meditating on His Word.....by day and by night....was important. Finally I admitted that my life was not working the way it should and if I had any hope of positive changes, I had to stop blaming others and point my finger at myself. I needed to change! I began pursuing God to find out what my problem was already!  I read, I studied, I meditated on God's Word and I prayed to God, "Help me! Show me what to do, help me understand!" Daily I would see what needed to change in my thoughts and behavior. I began making changes, by the Grace of God, to obey the instructions that I had received from God's Word. Since then, I have been enjoying more and more "Life More Abundantly" and seeing more "Christ-likeness" in me and in my life. 

"All things pertaining to Life and Godliness" ARE available to us because God's Divine power has given them to us as a gift.

However, if we do not take the time or the    interest to pursue getting to truly "know" God, then we are missing out on the All Things pertaining to the 'abundant life' and 'Christ-likeness' that is granted to us because they are obtained "through the true knowledge of our God".

Worse even yet....
"My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being priest for Me;"  Hosea 4:6

So, do not blame God for bad things happening and good things not coming. God does not force us against our choice to remain in the position of Child of God but lacking True Knowledge of the God we say we serve. If we refuse to follow the instructions, wisdom and counsel of God Himself, how should we expect the promised results? God says, "This is the way, walk in it!" You choose.....


It is time to Pursue God like never before. Study His Word. Meditate on His Word. Life and Life more abundantly is available to us. Godliness is available to us.  Quite frankly, the church needs to experience it and the World needs to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment