Sunday, March 29, 2020

Where is your Perspective?

You have probably noticed that I use the word "Perspective" alot.

There's a reason for that....the "Perspective" we have makes an enormous difference on the trajectory of our lives.

I used to be whiner and complainer. I reacted to life as I perceived it naturally and just as I felt it. I was ruled by circumstances and emotions. I had all the negative thoughts, words and emotions to go with it. Additionally, I was nearly always sick with something, even if not diagnosed, I was physically miserable and tired. I look back and the more I learn and grow the more I think they were all connected, one negative issue influencing another.

I finally recognized "My Way" was not working. My husband was apprehensive about coming home after work, not knowing what I would be like. I didn't even like being around myself. I had confessed with my mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and I believed in my heart that God raised Him from the dead, so, according to that I was saved!

So, what was my problem???? Was that the beginning and the end of what Christianity was about. Be born again. Live miserable, then die and go to heaven and sing praises to God forevermore????

Somehow, though I hadn't been told, I
KNEW there hard to be more....the following is a very, very abbreviated list of some of the things that I have learned. Consequently, I have changed my perspective (a particular attitude toward or way of regarding something; a point of view). Interestingly, my physical, my mental, my emotional state, my marriage and other relationships, have all changed... for the good. As a whole, my overall Perspective has changed and my entire life is like a new life, a new Me.

So, here are some of the main "Perspective" changes that have truly revolutionized my life.


#1. I finally sincerely declared (to declare fully,' implying the yielding or change of one's conviction) Jesus as the Lord, Master and the Supreme Authority of my Life, not just Son of God and Savior - and not myself as Master of my Life.

Philippians 2:11 and every tongue declare that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Roman's 10:9 If you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.


#2 I humbled myself before God. I did not  want to BE humbled. I desired to do things God's way and stop exalting myself and my ways of thinking and behaving. My ways had only brought me misery.

John 6:38 For I have come down from heaven to do the will of God who sent me, not to do my own will.

1 John 2:4-5 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him:

Exodus 10:3 How long will you refuse to humble yourself before me?

2 Kings 22:19 Because thine heart was tender, and thou hast humbled thyself before the LORD....

1 Peter 5:6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.

Matthew 23:12 But those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.


#3. I began to learn from Him. I stopped just "reading" and walking away, not even knowing what I read. Instead, I started to read with intention to find out "what does this mean to me?" and "How does this affect me?" Additionally, I became a "Doer" of His instructions, not a "Hearer"  only.

Colossians 2:6 And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him.

2 Peter 1:2 May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord.

Matthew 7:24 “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.

Luke 6:46 “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?

1 John 1:6 So we are lying if we say we have fellowship with God but go on living in spiritual darkness; we are not practicing the truth.


#4. I began to take God's Word as my guide for thinking. I stopped evaluating life by experience and circumstances, emotions, feelings and human reasoning. I began to change because my perspective began to change to see things from God's point of view, His Perspective. I would tell myself over and over, as my mind would kink up over truths I would read, because I could not wrap my head around them yet, that it HAS to be so, because God says so and He cannot lie. I will not call Him a liar, His Word is True, so it has to be! Father. Help me to understand, open my eyes to see and comprehend what you are saying. I began to change because my thinking began to agree with God's Word!

Roman's 12:2 Don't become like the people of this world. Instead, change the way you think. (Your perspective) Then you will always be able to determine what God really wants-what is good, pleasing, and perfect.

 Mark 8:33 Jesus turned around and looked at his disciples, then reprimanded Peter. “Get away from me, Satan!” he said. “You are seeing things merely from a human point of view, not from God’s.”

Philippians 4:8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

Isaiah 55:8-9 My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the LORD.
“And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

1 Corinthians 14:20 Brothers, do not be children in your thinking. Be infants in evil, but in your thinking be mature.


#5 I began to Love God

John 14:15 "If you love me, you will obey my commandments.

Luke 10:27 The man answered, “‘You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.’ And, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”


#6 I began to study, not just read, the Word of God. I pondered it and I Did what I learned!

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Psalm 119:15 I will study your commandments and reflect on your ways.

James 1:25 But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.

Joshua 1:8 Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.

So, these main things have changed my life:

1. I accepted Jesus as Lord, Master and Supreme Authority of my life.

2. I humbled myself before God. I Committed myself to "not my will, but Thy will be done, O Lord."

3. I began to learn from Him and do life His ways.

4. I began to take on a new perspective ...God's way of thinking, seeing and doing. I began to change.

#5. I began to Love God, made evident by my obedience to His ways

#6. I began to study God's Word and meditate on it day and night, seriously.

It is amazing how my life has been continuously improving since I have been learning from God, and becoming a true disciple of God, following His instructions regarding the best way to think and live.

My overall perspective has changed. I have peace and joy, emotional and mental stability, self control. I have been learning to love God, others and even myself! Now, my perspective is: He is my Boss, not me! Submitting to Him is not about rules and imprisonment,  It is all about loving Him. Living to honor and please Him. It is Not about me and yet "Me" is far better off! It's about Life and Life more abundantly! That IS what He came to give us. I would never want to go back to where I have come from!

I spent many, many frustrated, angry, messed up years (as a 'Christian', but not a disciple) asking God to change things, waiting and wondering when and if things would ever change. Finally, I realized it was me who needed to change. The changes I have outlined have made all the difference in my life! It has not been as hard as you would think. Mostly, the choice to obey is the most difficult part.. After I would choose God's way, it was like God stepped in and empowered me to make the changes. That is what I think the "Grace" of God is. It is sooooo much better this way. That's my story and I am stickin' to Him!!!!

John 8:31-32
Jesus told the people who had faith in him, “If you keep on obeying what I have said, you truly are my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Where is your perspective today? Know that the perspective you have changes the trajectory of your life.




No comments:

Post a Comment