Friday, March 20, 2020

Shut the door?

We have our grandchildren, age 5 and 2, staying with us for a few days. Last night the little one was in full 2 year old form, "I can do it myself, Go out, Go, out!" She said, as she shut the door on me. I stood there surprised at such independence of a 2 year old. I was able and willing to help, but she had shut the door on my help. She was determined to do it herself. So, "Ok, have at it", I said to myself and backed off.

This morning as I was trying to get ready before they woke up, I thought about how I needed help from God and certainly did NOT want to shut the door on Him.

I thought of 1 John 5:14-15....
14And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 15And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.

Confidence! My Confidence toward God!

Ask! Ask Anything that is according to His Will!

Hears! HE, God Himself, Hears me in whatever I ask!!!

Know!!! There's that Confidence again....I KNOW.....what?

That I HAVE!!! I have the requests that I asked God about!!!

Those are promises that I instantly and confidently responded to this morning....

I asked for God to grant me grace with my grandchildren today.....His ability on my behalf. I asked for wisdom in dealing with each issue, for patience, strength and energy! I realize they are just 2 little kids and actually really, really good kids, however, on my own the little one can push my buttons. Why shut the door on God's ability and willingness to help me when He tells me to "Ask!"

"So far you haven't asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive so that you can be completely happy."  John 16:24

Open your door wide open, be confident and ask and receive!!!!

Watch what the Lord will do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment