Monday, March 23, 2020

Why Am I Angry?


The last few days I have been out of sorts...so finally, this morning I asked God and myself...

Why Am I Angry?
Why am I irritated?
Why am I frustrated?

I questioned: 
Is it because I can't eat at Red Lobster?
Is it because none of my friends will come "Pway wif me?
Is it because I can't find any toilet paper to buy?
Is it because the world around me is filled with fear?
Is it because the enemy seems to have the upper hand..... currently?

Well, one thing I have learned in my life, so far, is that the first place to point my finger at is not Outward. It is Inward, straight at myself.

So, I ponder the questions: Why am I angry? Why am I irritated? Why am I frustrated? I think to myself....All the stuff going on in the world around me should not dictate my response. I am accountable for how I respond in regard to the things around me, whether things are going Good or whether they are going Bad. I Should and Can remain at peace, filled with joy, gratitude and Thanksgiving REGARDLESS of the world situation.

 Why? How?

 Because I have a better report. I have a report from God that gives me hope and promises that give me peace, regardless of the situation around me. I have A Good, Good and Faithful God!

Sooooooo, I changed my questions to: 
Why am I not Peaceful? 
Why am I not Joyful?
Why am I not filled with Gratitude, Rejoicing and Thanksgiving?

Listen to the following scriptures:

Philippians 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice.

Psalm 106:1
Praise the LORD! Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!

1 Thessalonians 5:18
Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

Psalm 100:4
Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name.

2 Thessalonians 3:16
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.

2 Corinthians 9:8
And God will generously provide all you need. Then you will always have everything you need and plenty left over to share with others.

Psalm 62:8
Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us. Selah

Psalm 34:1
I will praise the LORD at all times. I will constantly speak his praises.

Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, for to this you were called as members of one body. And be thankful.

2 Peter 1:2
May God give you more and more grace and peace as you grow in your knowledge of God and Jesus our Lord.

Ephesians 5:18-20
 keep on being filled with the Spirit. Then you will recite to one another psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs; you will sing and make music to the Lord with your hearts; you will consistently give thanks to God the Father for everything in the name of our Lord Jesus, the Messiah.

Well, after I read, pondered and responded to those verses, my attitude had changed from anger, irritation and frustration to peace, gratitude and joy.

I realized my problem was not the world situation around me. It is not that I couldn't have what I thought I wanted (like a two year old). My problem really was not even the enemy, although he is an instigator for a bad attitude! My problem was that I had the .....................

               Wrong Focus
                    and the
            Wrong Response!

Take counsel with me today from the Word of God and adjust your Focus onto the God we serve and Respond accordingly!

No comments:

Post a Comment